Photo King is a flash game which spoofs Nintendo Wii games. This game was introduced in 2009 by Wiesi and received a Daily 5th Place award.
Upon playing this game, you are introduced to a menu which looks exactly like the Wii's menu. The menu is called the "Pii." There are no keyboard controls in this game, since a mouse or touch screen is meant to emulate the Nintendo Wii remote. After clicking through the Pii and game menus, there are 9 levels to complete. In each level, you must decide when to take the best photo (via the Pii remote).
Each level in Photo King is in the form of a mini game. There are 9 levels in total. The levels consist of the following (numbered according to the level number):
- In this level, you must use a feather to tickle 5 men in top hats in order to get them to smile. The best time to take a photo of them is when they all have wide smiles, while each bird showing adds more points.
- A bunny racing a sports car wants you to take a photo of him. The best time to take a photo is just before he crashes (before he reaches the ! mark at the top of the screen)
- This level is the same as level 1, except now you must make a pig and several monkies smile.
- There is a kangaroo speeding, back and forth, across the screen in level 4. The best time to take a photo is when the kangaroo's face is exactly in the center of the screen.
- A fisherman wants you to take a photo of every smiling fish that jumps out of the water. Take a photo of each smiling fish. However, if a photo of a frowning fish is taken, you must repeat the level. The minigame will progressively speed up as the level moves toward the end.
- The same as the 1st and 3rd levels, except you must make 10 frogs smile.
- This level is similar to level 2, except the bunny is now flying a jet. Keep an eye on the altitude meter and take a photo of him just before the altitude meter reaches 0.
- Same as 1, 3, and 6. This level deals with 12 ice cream scoops with faces on them.
- In level 9, you have 3 photos to take, with a crowd of bunnies running across the screen. Most of the bunnies are smiling, while a few are frowning. You want to capture the most smiling bunnies that you can in each photo.